If you have ever experienced the blue screen after you reboot your system, it means that it is because of SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Today, in this tutorial I will show you How to fix SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.
What is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Error?
The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error happens when a system thread generates an exception that an error handler fails to catch. Because this error went unnoticed, your computer threw up some red flags and decided to shut itself down to prevent any further damages. If you want to know more technical aspects of this error click here.
Most probably, this error occurs because of drivers, and usually the graphics drivers. There can be multiple reasons like, they can be old or outdated, they can also be corrupted that causes Windows to not recognize parts of them. There are many ways to fix SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error and we will go through all of them.
If you are lucky enough, you will get the error will include the file causing the issue at the end. This shows the exact graphics that has turned your system into the problem. If the error provides you with the filename, you should start with this some sort of troubleshooting screen like this.
Check Out :: How to use Garagebnad in Windwos 10
Fix ‘system thread exception not handled’ errors in Windows 10
Interrupt the Windows Reboot Cycle
In order to fix SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, the first thing we need to do is to interrupt the Windows reboot cycle and in order to do that, you will have to insert Windows 10 installation media whether that is CD or a bootable USB. Follow the rest of the steps below.
- First of all, insert your Windows 10 installation media (either a DVD or Bootable USB drive)
- Let your computer to boot from it.
- Then select “Repair this computer” instead of Install when the loader has finished.
- Select Troubleshoot, and go to Advanced options
- Then open Startup Settings.
- Select F5 for Safe Mode with Networking and let the computer reboot.
Note that all these settings has to be made in “Safe Mode“, so keep these steps handy for future use.
Once you boot your system up, then the next thing to do is to update your existing drivers. As I mentioned earlier if the error tells you in which driver the issue is, go and update that first. Most probably, it seems that always it will be the graphics driver, but it can be any other driver as well.
That is why you will need to update all the drivers to address the issue. Let us see how you can update all the diver in order to Fix SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED In Windows 10. Follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the bottom left corner of your screen and right-click the Windows Start Button and select Device Manager.
- Right-click your graphics card and select Update Driver Software.
- Select automatic and let Windows find an updated version. If you don’t want to update it automatically, simply go to the manufacturer’s website and download and install it manually.
- Remember not to reboot your machine when prompted.
- Right-click your audio card, network card, and any peripherals you have installed.
- Then select Update Driver Software for each. Let Windows update them all where possible.
- Click the Windows Start button and select Settings and then Update & security.
- Click Windows Update and let that process complete.
- Remove the Windows installation media and reboot your computer normally.
After doing all these steps, you should no longer look at the system thread exception not handled errors. While checking for updating the drivers automatically, it happens that Windows can’t find the drivers itself, so you have to go to the manufacturer’s website and download the drivers manually. Following the mentioned step will fix SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error.
As file corruption can cause system thread exception not handled errors, it is important to update all drivers regardless of whether Windows can find them or not. If you find any issue while fixing SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED In Windows 10, you can contact us through the comment section.