- 1 What is Ok Google Commands?
- 2 Who can use Ok Google Commands?
- 3 Categories Ok Google Commands
- 3.1 People and Relationships
- 3.2 Time
- 3.3 Stocks
- 3.4 Conversion
- 3.5 Math
- 3.6 Device Control
- 3.7 Definitions
- 3.8 Alarms
- 3.9 Calendar
- 3.10 Gmail integration
- 3.11 Google Keep & Notes
- 3.12 Contacts & Calls
- 3.13 Messaging
- 3.14 Social apps
- 3.15 Translation
- 3.16 Reminders
- 3.17 Maps & Navigation
- 3.18 Sports
- 3.19 Flight & Travel
- 3.20 Web Browsing
- 3.21 Movies & TV Shows
- 3.22 Easter eggs
- 3.23 Music
- 3.24 Timer & Stopwatch
- 4 Conclusion
It is obvious while using a smartphone to be familiar with voice-activated assistant services like Amazon (Alexa) and Microsoft (Cortana) and Apple (Siri), which are famous in every aspect. But today I will show you a complete list of Ok Google Commands that you can enjoy.
What is Ok Google Commands?
Just like other virtual voice-activated assistant services including Amazon’s Alexa, Microsoft’s Cortana, and Apple’s Siri, “OK Google” is offered by Google to provide you services.
It is there for a long time but it has not been pushed by Google as much as other providers but it doesn’t make it less functional. OK Google commands are rolled out, usually along with Android updates. If you want to visit the official list provided by Google, you can check here.
Who can use Ok Google Commands?
It is not limited to anyone, with that being said, if you are an Android user, preferably using the latest Android OS, you can make use of all the commands given by Google. In order to use Google Command, you have to activate it from settings of your smartphone’s Google app setting.
Turn on voice search
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google app.
- At the bottom right, tap More and then go to Settings and head to Voice.
- Under “Hey Google,” tap Voice Match.
- Turn on Hey Google.
- It will ask you for a Voice match and then you are good to use it.
Categories Ok Google Commands
These OK Google commands are organized by categories that are explained in this section. in order to make things easy to understand. Note that the CAPITAL words are the variables you can give to OK Google with each command, for example, “Where was Dr. Iqbal born?” Let us start with all categories.
People and Relationships
- How old is SOMEONE?
- Who is SOMEONE’s RELATIONSHIP?
- Who wrote the TITLE?
- Who is SOMEONE married to?
- Where was the SOMEONE born?
- Who invented the THING?
- What’s the weather like?
- Do I need SOMETHING (an umbrella, sunscreen, etc.) for DAY & TIME?
- What’s the weather going to be like in SOMEWHERE DAY & TIME?
- What’s the temperature outside?
- Is there a chance of rain DAY or TIME?
- What is the time zone in PLACE?
- What time is it in PLACE?
- What is the time at home?
- What’s the COMPANY stock price?
- What’s the COMPANY trending?
- What’s NUMERIC CURRENCY to CURRENCY?
- What’s the tip for NUMERIC dollars?
- What’re NUMERIC UNITS in UNITS?
- Convert NUMERIC UNITS to UNITS
- What’s NUMBER percent of NUMBER?
- The square root of NUMBER?
- What’s NUMBER divided by NUMBER?
- What’s NUMBER percent of NUMBER and NUMBER?
- Open ANY WEBSITE
- Open ANY APP
- CONTROL (increase, decrease) brightness
- CONTROL volume
- Set the volume to NUMBER
- Set the volume to full
- Take a picture
- Take a selfie
- Turn ON or OFF SERVICE
- Record a video
- Mute the volume
- Define SOME WORD
- What’s the definition of WORD?
- What’s the meaning of WORD?
- Set an alarm in NUMERIC minutes
- Show me my alarms
- When is my next alarm?
- Set an alarm for SPECIFIC TIME
- Set a repeating alarm for SPECIFIC TIME
- Set an alarm for SPECIFIC TIME with LABEL
- Set a repeating alarm at TIME for DAYS
- Wake me up at TIME
- New meeting
- Schedule an event EVENT NAME DAY at TIME
- What’s my next appointment?
- Show me the appointments for DAY TIME
- What does my calendar / schedule look like on DAY?
- Show me my bills
- Where is my package?
- Where’s my hotel?
- Show me restaurants near my hotel
Google Keep & Notes
- Add ITEM to my LIST NAME list
- Make a note: NOTE
- Note to self: NOTE
Contacts & Calls
- Find SOMEONE’S number
- Call SOMEONE on speakerphone
- Call the nearest TYPE OF PLACE
- Call BUSINESS
- When is SOMEONE’S birthday?
- Call SOMEONE
- Show me my messages
- Text PERSON MESSAGE
- Send an email to PERSON MESSAGE
- Send a SERVICE message to PERSON
- Post to SOCIAL MEDIA SITE
- Say PHRASE in LANGUAGE
- Translate PHRASE to LANGUAGE
- Add a reminder
- Remind me to TASK at TIME
- Remind me to TASK CIRCUMSTANCE (“next time I’m at the gym”)
- Remind me to TASK EVENT PLACE
- Remind me to buy ITEM at PLACE
- Remind me to TASK every DAY
- Map of SPECIFIC PLACE
- Walking directions to PLACE
- What are some attractions around here?
- Show me popular museums in PLACE
- Where is the PLACE?
- Is PLACE open now?
- Show me the nearest TYPE OF PLACE on the map
- Navigate to PLACE by car
- Navigate to a PERSON’s place
- How far is PLACE from PLACE?
- When does PLACE close?
- Is PLACE open on DAY TIME OF DAY?
- Distance from here to PLACE
- How far away is PLACE?
- How is TEAM NAME doing?
- Results from TEAM NAME last game
- When is the next TEAM NAME game
- Did TEAM NAME win the last game?
Flight & Travel
- Flight NUMBER (AIRLINE)
- Flight status of AIRLINE NUMBER
- Has AIRLINE NUMBER landed?
- When will AIRLINE NUMBER land?
- Go to WEBSITE NAME
- Open / Show me / Browse WEBSITE NAME
Movies & TV Shows
- When was MOVIE NAME released?
- The runtime of the MOVIE?
- Listen to TV
- Who is the producer of the MOVIE NAME?
- What are the best ACTOR / ACTRESS movies?
- What movies are playing DAY?
- Where is MOVIE playing?
- Who acted in MOVIE NAME?
- Best movies of YEAR
- Best GENRE movies
- GENRE movies of YEAR
- Oscar winners of YEAR
- Do a barrel roll
- Who’s on first?
- Go go gadget WEBSITE
- Roll a dice
- Flip a coin
- What’s the loneliest number?
- Make me a sandwich
- When am I?
- Okay, Jarvis!
- Who are you?
- How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
- Beam me up Scotty
- How can entropy be reversed?
- What’s an ACTOR’s bacon number?
- Tell me a joke
- Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right
- Listen to my PLAYLIST NAME playlist
- Next song
- Pause song
- Play SONG TITLE by ARTIST
- Listen to the ALBUM NAME album
- Play music
- What’s this song?
- What song am I listening to?
- Listen to ARTIST
Timer & Stopwatch
- Set timer for NUMERIC minutes
- Start countdown
Using the voice command may be useful to some people and might sound annoying to some people (including me). It can be handy at times when you are occupied or away from your smartphone. Other virtual assistants like Sirs are very famous and used by millions of people.
If we compare to previous versions of voice recognition, in my opinio this trend will only increase as voice recognition becomes more accurate and more sophisticated and we get more used to talking to our devices.
If you have any of your favorite Ok Google Command, do let us know in the comment section.
Also, check out: The Best Torrent Search Engine