How To Fix The ‘No Audio Output Device Is Installed’ Error In Windows 10
In today’s tutorial, I will show you how to solve a very common problem being faced by millions of users of Windows 10. Follow this tutorial to know exactly How To Fix The ‘No Audio Output Device Is Installed’ Error In Windows 10.
What is “No Audio Output Device Is Installed” Error?
The “No Audio Output Device Is Installed” Error is a very common issue in Windows 10 or may be other versions as well that means that whenever you want to play music or any other sound, it pops up this error. Probably, it is because of corrupted audio drivers.
There can be different solutions and it depends on the type of problem you are facing, that which one will work out for you. Below are all the solutions that you need to cater the problem.
Check Windows Running Services
The first probable thing that you need to do is to check whether all the Windows Audio services are running and also to know that what output devices and drivers your Windows is running.
- Go to Task Manager by right-clicking on empty place in taskbar and selecting Task Manager.
- Tap on the Services tab and the ‘Open Services’ text link at the bottom.
- Look for ‘Windows Audio’ and ‘Windows Audio Endpoint Builder’ services.
- Make sure they are running and set to automatic.
- Also, check for the service related to your audio device and make sure that it is running too. The name will differ depending on your hardware.
Reboot your system
If you face the No Audio Output Device Is Installed, the first step you do is to restart your device. Let us see what you need to do before and after restarting the system.
- First of all, right-click on “This PC” or my computer, and go to properties.
- After that, go to the device manager and click on the little Magnifying glass at the end of the list.
- Click on that icon, it will refresh and you will see a yellow mark on the sound devices below.
- Once you verify this, reboot your device.
- After you have turned your system on, repeat the same procedure, and refresh it, most probably your problem will be resolved.
- If it is not resolved, follow the rest of the tutorials.
Check Out :: How to get Facebook Dark Mode on PC
Update the drivers
If you face the issue, your issue will probably get resolved if you update the current drivers. Yes, this is probably the solution that will work out for more than 70% of people.
- Open Device Manager by right-clicking on This PC, and head to the end of icons.
- Locate the Conexant Intel Smart Sound Technology driver (SST).
- Right-click and select Update Driver from the pop-up menu.
- You can either let the system update the drivers from online sources or if you have the drivers you can give the location
- After selecting your prefered path, click next.
- Intel Smart Sound Technology (SST) driver will disappear and you should have Audio back.
Refresh your Windows
If both of the ways explained above doesn’t work for you, then you need to refresh your current version of Windows. Before refreshing your Windows current version, make sure to make a backup of your Windows. Follow the below steps to do it easily.
- Perform a system restore or backup the files that you don’t want to lose
- Then go to Settings, Update & Security.
- In Update and Security, go to Recovery.
- Select Reset this PC and the ‘keep my files’ option.
- Follow the wizard to reset Windows while keeping your personal files.
- Then Click on Reboot and Reset and wait for a few minutes.
The No Audio Output Device Is Installed is a common error and it sometimes gets stubborn enough to ruin your mood of a movie. All the given tips and tricks are based on our personal experience and if not all of them, one or two of them will work out for you.
If you find any trouble while resolving “No Audio Output Device Is Installed” issue, do let us know through the comment section. Also give us your valuable feedback about our tutorial.