No doubt the torrent is one of the most famous sources of getting your desired content but it comes at cost of bad reputation for piracy. Anyhow, it totally depends on the user whether you are using it for legal purposes or illegal ones. Today I will show you How To Make Utorrent Download Faster.
Using the BitTorrent Protocol
The Bit Torrent protocol is a communication protocol for peer-to-peer file sharing which is used to distribute data and electronic files over the Internet in a decentralized manner. Using this protocol is not that bad as many Large software distributions, uses torrents to get the software to its end users.
It is clear that using Bit Torrent or U Torrent is not illegal in and of itself. It will only get you in reasonable trouble if you use it for sharing copyrighted media. In one way or another, you will come across to use the Bit torrent protocol.
In this article, I will show you tips and tricks of How To Make UTorrent Download Faster. I will be using the U torrent client, but if you are using any other client like Bit Torrent, the procedure is somewhat the same. You can download the uTorrent for Windows by clicking here.
Using U Torrent to Speed up Torrent Download
The U Torrent is a torrent client that you can use with Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android. The very basic version of U torrent is totally free however the premium versions will cost you bucks. The subscription fees of the premium version range from $4.95 to $52.46 per year.
The free version works perfectly fine but if you want to experience an Ad-free version then go for the premium version. The U Torrent is one of my most favorite torrent clients and is very popular among torrent users.
Let us start with the ways that will help you make your U torrent download faster. Follow the rest of the tutorial in order to know all the tips and tricks of How To Make UTorrent Download Faster.
Let it through your Firewall
If you are looking for an answer to How To Make UTorrent Download Faster, follow this tutorial. First things first, and it all starts with installing the U Torrent. That is you have to click yes when it asks you if you want to ‘Add an exception for uTorrent in Windows Firewall“. But if you have already installed the U torrent and didn’t click this option, you can still do it.
Check Out :: The Best Torrent Search Engine
If while installing the U torrent, you have not checked the mentioned option, you need to follow the below steps.
- Open U Torrent and navigate to preferences which you can find under the Options tab. (or simply press CTRL+P)
- Connections and check the box next to ‘Add Windows Firewall exception’.
Then simply open your firewall software and allow U Torrent traffic to freely pass through. It will allow your firewall to let the U Torrent traffic without any restrictions.
Note that never turn off your firewall for the sake of torrent. It will make your system more vulnerable to Malware and other risks.
Allocate the correct bandwidth
Adding too much bandwidth to the torrents can be counter-productive as it slows down the downloading speed. The solution is to get the ratio right if you are to get the most throughput. Let us see how to do it.
- Open the U Torrent application
- Click on options and head to the preferences
- In preferences, go to connections and make the changes mentioned in the picture below.
- Check the box next to the ‘Apply rate limit to transport overhead’.
- Change the following values:
- Maximum Number of Global Connections to 2329.
- Maximum Number of Peers Connected to 257.
- The number of Upload Slots Per torrent to 14.
- The Maximum upload rate to 14.
Change the port
The default port for U torrent is somewhere between 6881 and 6999. Most of the people know this, and most ISPs know it too. Likewise, most of the ISPs also throttle these port numbers as it won’t burden the network traffic.
Our recommendation is to change the port to something over 10000 to avoid both throttling and conflicts within your computer. Follow below steps to do so.
- Open uTorrent and go to Options.
- In options, navigate to Preferences and Connection.
- You can change the port to a number to anything between 10000 and 12000.
Queuing means downloading several torrents one after another, and setting this up correctly enables you to maximize throughput. This might seem a small tweak but it is really effective. Actually, while your computer or phone is waiting for packets from one torrent, it can send out requests for packets from another.
- Open uTorrent and select Options.
- In options, navigate to Preferences, and then head to Queueing.
- Then make the following changes:
- Set the Maximum Number of Active Torrents and Maximum Number of Active Downloads to 10.
- Also, Set Seeding Global Minimum Ratio to 0.
Prioritize a torrent
If you are really excited about a specific torrent to download first, you can also prioritize it. It will allow that file to be the first choice of bandwidth and resources so will download faster.
- Right-click on the torrent within the main uTorrent window.
- Select Bandwidth Allocation and then High.
- Right-click the other torrents you have in progress.
- Select Bandwidth Allocation and then Low.
This tutorial about How To Make UTorrent Download Faster will for sure help you to download the torrent much faster. Not only this, but there are also certain other factors like your internet speed, your region, and much more that will affect the speed of downloading a torrent.
If you still have an issue with your downloading speed of torrent, you can also switch your client. If you like our article regarding How To Make Utorrent Download Faster, do let us know through the comment section.