Download Termux for PC Windows 10 & macOS
I am going to show you how you can download and install Termux for PC. You will learn how you can easily run any Android application on your laptop or PC. Follow this article till the end to learn how to install Termux for PC,
If you are someone interested in network simulations and network monitoring, then Termux is the best suit for you. It allows you to emulate Linux commands on your smartphone with full functionality. Termux is an Android terminal emulator and Linux environment app that works directly with no rooting or setup required. The minimal base system is installed automatically – additional packages are available using the APT package manager. In short, Termux is a self-contained Linux environment. The user interface of Termux is the same as Linux if you are used to Linux you will find Termux not a stranger for you.
This is a very compact application. Usually, embedding Android code with any application makes it quite heavy. But if we take a look at Termux, you will find it very light as it is hardly 396Kbs along with SSH client. Termux applications are standard Linux packages that require less maintenance. One of the best things about Termux is that it is totally free. It provides tons of features that give you feel of using the original version of Linux. With Termux you can run text-based games with Frotz.
This application is very customizable like you can install what you want through the APT package management system known from Debian and Ubuntu GNU/Linux. Interestingly you can use this application for hacking as well. As open-source software, Linux is popular for this type of stuff. With Termux you can access the server with SSH. If you don’t have access to Linux based tools, you can use it on your Android device as the emulator. And now you can run any Android application on your PC with the help of Android emulator. I am going to show that in detail in this article, but first let us see what features does Termux offers.
Check out : 6 Lightweight Best Android Emulators for Android
Termux offers all the features of Linux based operating system and it enables you do all tasks which you can do on an actual Linux/Debian operating system. Below are features that Termux offers.
- It gives you freedom of enjoying the Bash and ZSH shells
- You can edit files with nano and vim with Termux
- As Termux is developed in C with clang, make and GDB
- You can review and check out your projects with git and subversion
- It supports running text-based games with Frotz
- It will allow you to access servers over SSH protocol
- You may install any package at any time
Requirements to install Termux for PC
This Android application can run in a Windows or Mac Powered system with the help of a software called Android emulator. An emulator like Bluestacks, you can now download, install and run Termux for PC. To run Termux for PC, you need to have the following requirements fulfilled.
- You should have a desktop or laptop
- WIthing that laptop or Desktop, you should have running Windows7/8/10 or Mac OS
- You have to download an Android emulator like Bluestacks (I personally prefer Bluestacks)
- Free Hard drive space of at least 4GB
- At least 4GB of RAM
- Most important, you need to read this article till the end
How to download and install Termux for PC
Following the below-explained process, you can easily download and install Termux for PC. All steps are self-explanatory and crystal clear, just need to read once and your job will be done.
- The first and foremost requirement is to download and install an Android emulator like Blustacks.
- Once you have installed Bluestacks, open it and log into Bluestacks using your email ID.
- After that, you need to open the play store and log in to the play store using Google account (you may use your existing account).
- After opening the play store, write “Termux” in the search bar, and press the search button.
- You will see the “Termux” app icon in the search results.
- Just tap on the “Termux” app icon and click on the install button.
- Then wait for a few minutes to let the installation finish.
- Once the installation is finished, you can see the “Termux” app installed and its icon on your home screen.
- Enjoy the whole new experience of Linux on your Android device and that too on your PC.
This tutorial has explained all required steps that are necessary to install Termux for PC. However if you still find anything troublesome while installing Termux for PC, feel free to contact us through the comment section.